Our business has been guided by a few staunch and core values. We consider these extremely integral to us and use them to guide our work on a day to day basis.
Respect for freedom - ours' as well as that of others - is something that we put into our work on a daily basis. Freedom has many forms:
- Freedom for your software
- We ship complete source code for all software we ship to you
- You choose who supports and maintains your software
- Freedom for your business
- Complete self-determinism in business decisions
- Absolutely no vendor lock-in
- No hidden costs
- Ability to scale up as required
- Freedom for your technology
- Our solutions are always based on open standards
- No data is stored in proprietary file formats
- The best of state-of-art technology - delivered in a simplified and easy-to-use manner
- Personal Freedom
- We respect personal freedom of our team members - along with their ability to put technology to creative use
- We respect and acknowledge the personal freedom of customer to make independent choices in their best interest
From freedom stems our sense of fairness. We believe in being fair in our dealing because that is one way of expecting fairness in return as well. Free Software, after all, is about reciprocal fairness among all those involved.
- Fairness in business dealings
- Fairness in team management
- Fairness in community handling
Being transparent is our way of having a no-nonsense approach to helping customers use Free Software effectively.
- Transparency in service & support operations
- You will never find us hiding problems, denying mistakes or giving stock responses to critical issues.
- We share details of what we do - we don't shroud our work in mystique only to make it "sound like a lot of hard work"!
- Transparency in development
- The entire body of source code of our products is available on our websites
- Our software development happens in public eye - you will know about any new code that we add the moment we add it to our repositories
- Our worth is the code we write, the bugs it has and the documentation we create for it - all of which is online. You have just one really simple way to measure what we're worth - have a look at our work and let it speak for us.
Empathy is the ability comprehend and sense what another feels and experiences. We possess the ability to empathise with everyone involved with us. Empathy is our guiding force in ensuring that we respond to your requirements in a manner proportional to your need.
Building creative solutions is way of delivering flexible solutions to exactly meet your business requirement and more. Creative deployments not only assume domain expertise but also requires significant 'reaching out' to implement out of the box solutions. Creativity is an attitude at DeepRoot Linux!